Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Pastimes of Shooting the Messenger and/or Diverting Attention Never Get Old, Do They? (Wilton Alston)

Wilton Alston on the Ron Paul newsletters, Jeremiah Wright, and the dirty world of politics:

Ah, politics. The more things change, the more they remain the same. I knew there were reasons why I stopped voting and/or caring about national politics a while back, and now I remember what they were. I’ve ridiculed those involved in the mysticism that surrounds politics, and will very likely continue to do so. Hell, I’m not even a voter! I’ve heard voting described as the “suggestion box for slaves” or “two foxes and a sheep deciding on dinner,” and while I love a catchy line as much as the next guy, the simple fact of the matter is this: The people vying for control of the guns of the state don’t give a large rat turd about what I think. Always trying to be fair, they don’t care about your thoughts either! They never did. They never will. Welcome to my world.

Read the rest

No comments: