Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Economic Stress Test: Occam's Razor (Rachel Mills)

Rachel Mills, Ron Paul's congressional press secretary and the famous ladyjade3 on YouTube, wrote a nice article on where we are headed with all these insane bailouts:

Rachel MillsBy 2007, working in Washington DC was a dream I had long given up on. Admittedly, I hadn't tried very hard. I pursued one interview back in 2004. I'm one of those annoying types who wants to "make the world a better place".

Since policies in Washington bring so much harm to so many people, what better way than to be a brakeman on that runaway train? Contributing to politics-as-usual was never something I was interested in, so while I had always wanted to work in DC, only one beltway organization saw my resume, until Congressman Ron Paul's office asked for it.

We're an economics-heavy office, but without letters behind my name - just a plain old bachelor's degree, a few extra business classes and a little Oxford University thrown in for good measure - my economics training has been largely self-guided through the common sense school of Austrian economics - Ludwig von Mises, Murray Rothbard, and others.

Read the rest

No comments: