Friday, March 14, 2008

Living by the Sword (Ron Paul)

Ron Paul on the Eliot Spitzer debacle:

It has been said that “he who lives by the sword shall die by the sword.” And in the case of Eliot Spitzer this couldn’t be more true. In his case it’s the political sword, as his enemies rejoice in his downfall. Most people, it seems, believe he got exactly what he deserved.

The illegal tools of the state brought Spitzer down, but think of all the harm done by Spitzer in using the same tools against so many other innocent people. He practiced what could be termed “economic McCarthyism,” using illegitimate government power to build his political career on the ruined lives of others.

Read the rest

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think I'll take part in the glee fest over Spitzer. I can see the irony, but the fact that people are not outraged over the machinations of the state in this affair amazes me.

I guess I will never learn.

Minnesota Chris said...

You're right, the police state which ensnared Spitzer is certainly not something to be cheerful over. Will more people see its dangers with this affair being so prominently in the news? We can only hope.